Sunday 14 November 2010

Blog 1 - Superpowers, flood, restart and freshers.

Well this was a weird one!

I'm not entirely sure how it started out, but I know it went on to me and a group of other people having super powers and swanning around the o2, which might I add, was mainly flooded... in Weston Super Mare. Although my power was flying, I seem to remember I spent a lot of my time underwater - kind of propelling my self down from the air and launching myself into the water. Seriously, if life was like this it would be awesome.

I remember at one point, as I always do when I'm swimming, I wanted to see if I could sit on the floor, or in this case, the sea bed. I launched myself in and remember slowly floating down and down, sometimes sliding along the canvas of the o2's exterior. I remember reading people's thoughts from inside the o2 - they were panicking. I finally got to the bottom and just sat there. Out of laziness, I couldn't be bothered to resurface, despite the whole 'death thing', so continued sitting there, slowly running out of oxygen. This reminds me of when I was born; I always say I was too lazy to breathe on arrival to the planet.

Someone swooped down into the ocean and saved me, claiming that I was trying to commit suicide. I obviously tried to tell them that this was not true, I was simply lazy, but before I could finish my utterance, my voice was overwhelmed by a large round of applause. It was all an act, and we were performers.

We met after the show in a place I believe was Quorn park, back in Leicester. There was a mixture of people from my life there; people from uni, as well as a bizarre bunch of people that I went to school with, and haven't spoken to for years. It was one of these people who tried to give me a t shirt with the name of my character on and my power. Upon looking around I saw that everyone else also had a similar themed t shirt on. He looked for ages in this gift bag for my t shirt, but it didn't exist. I seem to remember there were generic souvenirs for the show too, but I can't remember what they were, maybe small books?

Out of good will, he gave me the whole bag full of various spare t shirts. Win!

Cue Alarm. I woke up. I decided to return to sleep in an attempt to resume my dream, which kind of worked.

I was on a double decker bus with Andy. (I don't know why he was there, he wasn't in my previous dream as far as I can remember.)
We were on our way to freshers, and we eventually arrived. I'm not exactly sure on what the visual location was, but it wasn't Rave, even though it was. We were dressed in neon clothes and sunglasses. It was raining outside.

We got off the bus and I realised I forgot my bag full of t shirts! I asked the bus driver if I could get back on and he said 'yeah whatever' and walked off. I then learnt how to open a bus door. I got the bag, realised the bus driver had left people locked on the bus, let them out and headed off for freshers. The last thing I remember was checking Facebook and seeing Andy's status as 'I thought tonight was wicked until we got here and had to hide like we were in Peterpan...'


The end.

1 comment:

  1. And 'Post a Comment' is a serious invitation????

    I might give you a free consultation however....
    Far too personal for this blog....

    In the meantime, excercise and sleep more deeply. And bizare as it seems, these getting back into dreams frustratingly don't quite work as we wish because we are just day dreaming - floating through our brains and picking up oddments of fact and fiction.
    Whilst still on my couch though, tell me, are these dreams in colour?
    This week's interpretation - seeking, fear of failure -

    ReplyDelete